Wednesday, 13 May 2026

Just going round in circles

 Well hi everyone , when I left my last post I had virtually decided to move to a new lake , then to just go sea fishing , well a few days after that decision all hell broke loose with the Iran war and diesel hitting ridiculous prices and seeing as I only work 16 hours a week at minimum wage I took the decision to re-join lake from last couple of years , I have to pass it going to and from work so no extra cost . Within an hour of getting back from paying for a ticket I get a message from an ex member saying he had heard I had gone back , when I told him my reason and asked how he found out he told me a guy I had passes while walking round had told him , I contacted a mate who was on the lake and he spoke to the individual , who said he hadnt had any contact with the ex member for months even rang him to give him and earful . So no idea who actually did tell him and all the others on the lake denied saying owt , not  good start and really it hasnt got any better . I did a day session for carp and it was very busy and nothing happened , I returned a week later and still loads of match type holiday makers on and set up in a swim behind an island out of the way .



The result was 2 bream in 20 hours , we had taken the decision not to let Eddie on the lake so I could relax and he could avoid stress , so my sessions at least for the foreseeable future would be 20 hours max so he wasnt left long after mrs went to work , a couple of days later I nipped over with just a bit f corn and dropped in a quiet swim for hopefully a fish or 2 






I managed half a dozen bream , 4 Rudd and a roach 


. Fast forward a week and arrive to find again loads of the same types of anglers in the better carp option swims fishing for small stuff , so I had a look around , was told some more eye opening news that over the weekend a group of 4 teenage members had set up the far side , made quite a bit of noise and cast into trees on island , at 11.30pm and 2am one of them had taken the boat out and gone through 2 guys swims taking their rods out , now this boat has one oar and no life jacket ( accident waiting to happen , considering last year a 70 year old lost his pole section , took the boat out and fell in ) . They apparently tried again at 7am but were stopped due to lake been full , then one of them decided to wade round the margins which is actually banned . All this just adds to reasons I dont fish weekends or holidays . Anyway I eventually set up in a new swim that just been reopened after some major work , stuck the kettle on and phone rang , mrs informed me Eddie was ill and only vets appointment was after she had to be at work , so I packed up and went home , definitely my shortest ever session , think the rods were out 5 minutes lol .

Suddenly my interest in been back on the lake fell away and having been told by mrs not to worry bout fuel costs I decided a drive to the coast was in order but only after ordering a couple more lures ( you can never have enough , hence since then I am awaiting some more ).


Sling shot surface irons from https://luresedge.com  , look them up Wayne is a top bloke


So yesterday after work I took myself off for a spot of bassing , it started badly with my arrival delayed and the tide had already turned and had been coming back in for an hour , now if you have read my previous lure fishing exploits you will remember the cliff fall and subsequent ban on rock fishing well I decided a careful and concentrated effort would see if I could get to the waters edge and it turned out not to be as bad as expected .



Unfortunately I have decided this mark maybe a high to low tide one , as if you look at the lone rock stuck out at the top of the picture , this was 2 feet clear of the water when I got to it and after 6 casts it become obvious the tide was barrelling in and the gulleys around me were filling up , so I made a strategic retreat . 

I embarked on a mile walk to the another spot , I really should have got my waders from the van as ended up on a beach and wet feet plus it seems the recent increase in wind and swell had dislodge a fair amount of weed .


   

I stuck on a small black pearl seeker and on my 2nd cast had my fist ever wrasse .





Despite having another hour no other fish appeared though I did have a possible small hit and with the tide still flooding in with more weed and a danger of even wetter feet I called it a day and returned home , I totally enjoyed been out and am planning on an afternoon into even session tomorrow .

Hope you enjoyed reading this and catch you all later

   

No comments:

Post a Comment