I start this blog with a small piece on last saturday and my attendance of an AGM of group I am a member of , to my mind the best group there is . The meeting was superb but the social after started off ok but I made a mistake with an over zealous prank and have spent the last week regretting it . Pm's having been going back and forth between myself and various members including the other person involved and while its now been cleared up and its been said to move on but a conflict of views from a couple of people have at the moment left me confused but am sure it will clear soon .
Right 2 sessions to report and only going to be short . The first was another attempt at catching a carp from the club lake . I picked a swim that meant I was well clear of the lake as there had been a bit of rain over the previous few days and since lake is connected to the river I didnt want a low level swim just in case . In short rods went out around 9am and at 7pm I had a drop back on the 22mm boilie rod and the result was another 5lb bream !!!!!!!! . I hate bivvying up at this time of year as it gets dark at 4pm and dont get light until 7.30am , on the plus side I got a good nights sleep as nothing happened .
When I awoke and went down to my rods the scene that met me were a little bit of a shock as when I set the pod up the front leg was just touching the water but when I looked this is what I found !!!!
That ended that session , my next one was to be another 5 hour session on the Trent and this was eventful but not all for the good . I dropped a dozen homemade boilies about 2 rod lengths off the near bank and set about sorting my rod out , when it was ready to go , I got all the unhooking , weighing and photoing gear ready and sent a 4oz straight lead with a homemade boilie out into the river and returned to the van and got the stove set up in the back and everything arranged round it as rain was predicted I decided to fish from the back of the van so I cold make a quick and easy getaway when time was up with minimum kit getting wet . I sat in the back of the van with a brew and noticed a few angler on the far bank and the antics of one was typical of the anglers that fish that side , 2 barbel rods out and then walked 5 yards upstream and sat on a small box and started fishing what looked like a small feeder rod and cast out , within a minute or so he hooked what was either a chub or roach of about 12oz and rather than go down to the water and net it he lifted p over the rocks and unhooked it and then threw it back , lots of swearing under my breath but karma turned up for a visit and his next cast he obviously had line wrapped round the top of the rod as they was a loud crack and the top 6 inches of the rod snapped off , he stomped off and literally threw the rod in to the back of his car :) .
Karma was about to visit me as one of my mates had called to see me on his way home a guy on the opposite bank had a screaming take and as we watched he managed to lose it , I laughed and remarked I hadnt lost a fish all season and had not blanked on the river , off went my mate and as the light started to fade my patience was tested again as despite it not been dark the head torches started coming on , one in particular who was slightly upstream on the opposite bank had one that would have made a good search light and he was constantly wandering around and lighting the entire area round me up , I kept my calm and he turned it off , within a couple of minutes and my rod arch round and the baitrunner and alarm sang out , disengaging the baitrunner I was attached to what felt like a decent fish , I gained line and brought it back towards me and had it thumping a rod length infront of me and then karma turned up and the hook fell out !!!!!!!! Now normally I am confident of another bite but it was getting late and and I only had an hour before I had to leave . The rod was recast and the light show started again on the far bank grrrrrrrrrrrrrr , with about 20 mins before I was due to leave the rod ripped off again , now my way of playing fish in the dark is to do it without a light on and not put my red leds on until the fish was safely netted , as I was almost ready to net it the idiot on the far bank shone his head torch straight into my eyes , am afraid that was it and a volley of abuse was launched at him and he gave me some back , luckily the fish went in the net first time and on the scales a lovely barbel went 8lb 7oz .
As I slipped the fish back the light show kicked off again and I checked the time there was only about 10 mins til the off so I called it a day early , now normally i try and ignore the idiots and muppets I encounter but the guy on the other bank with his search light had really annoyed me so when I came to leave I spun the van round and pointed directly at him and put the full beams on and shouted across to him , nah then cunt can tha fucking see better now !!!!!!!!!!! Not normally my way but what the hell !!!!!!!! . My next session is 4 days away and is set to be a perch session a club lake .
Til then tight lines and watch those head torches :)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment