Well at the end of my last blog I said I was pulling off the complex for a while and trying a club lake today unfortunately my Mrs has had a bad chest infection the last few days and last night she kept us both awake coughing so the 4.30am start wasnt going to happen so decided to sort myself as and when I felt like it . So at just after 10am I was ready to go trouble was the thought of driving the 20 miles to the lake didnt really appeal so back to complex and after having a good walk round I decided to try a small lake that I hadnt fished before , now I knew it didnt have any monsters in so decided to go with a small porcupine float , now on plumbing up I was surprised to find there was only 3 foot of water . Never mind give it ago its nice looking lake as the pictures below show .
My choice of baits was hemp , caster and corn
I fed a couple of pouches of the mix on the left and right of the swim and started on the right and from the off I was into fish nothing big but finished with around 40 crucian carp between 6oz and 1lb , 30+ roach between 4oz and 12oz and 3 small carp 2 mirrors and a common all around 2lb , I really wish I had used my keepnet .
The highlight of the session for me wasnt the fish but the sight that caught my eye around dinnertime , just to the right of me there was a small bush standing in the margin and I noticed something move and on looking closely I spotted a water vole pulling leaves off the bush and eating them . Below is the best picture that I could get . Til next time tight lines everybody
No comments:
Post a Comment